Thursday, June 25, 2009

Indian girl ...

Scene: Mother Bear trimming Little Bear's nails
Mother Bear latest endeavor is to turn the most mundane everyday things into opportunities to learn. So, in the spirit of the aforementioned passion, I proceeded to explain the names of each finger.
"this is your pinky"
"And this one is the ring finger. Its called so because you can wear a ring on it
"Oh yes! I am going to get married and wear a ring one day. Oh yes! Oh yes!" (
"And I'm going to marry an Indian girl "
An Indian girl! A pretend gasp followed. Actually this is music to my ears.
Why? An Indian girl?
because..because ..She has a red fire engine and is very nice and will let me ride it
Little Bear when you are no longer little and become a big bear you can bet we will remind you about this.

No comments: